436PT not connecting to PC

Discussion on Uniden technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
Rickie3

436PT not connecting to PC

Post by Rickie3 »

Hoping some kind member can help me out please.
Recently purchased a 436PT, Ive installed Sentinel, I open sentinel, I then plug in the USB cable to the scanner and to PC, turn on scanner, then hit menu button, scroll to setting and select PC programming, theoretically my PC should recognize the scanner as a mass storage device? but i'm getting no connection at all, my main PC runs windows 7 ultimate, I also have a laptop here as well running XP and exactly the same issue scanner wont connect. Look forward to your replies.
Regards
Rick :idea:
VK3RX

Re: 436PT not connecting to PC

Post by VK3RX »

I had the U.S. version i.e. 436HP which I think works slightly different than the PT when first plugged into a PC, so a few Qs so others may answer:
  • does the scanner work normally without the USB cable connected?
  • Is the USB cable the one that came with the scanner? Not all USB cables are the same.
  • Have you checked out Device Manager to see if the scanner is recognized?
  • are you using the latest version of Sentinel for the PT?
Check this out, though you seem to know what you are doing re this anyway :D :

http://ozscan.blogspot.com/2018/01/sent ... 436pt.html
Rickie3

Post by Rickie3 »

Problem was the wrong cable :) thanks for your reply
VK3RX

Post by VK3RX »

Yep, that can do it :)