Repairs

Discussion on Uniden technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
bonnie28

Repairs

Post by bonnie28 »

Do we know anyone that does repairs to scanners or 2-ways at all. I have a problem with the sound coming out of my uniden. I have opened it up and pulled the speaker plug in and out, but still the same, I even connected it to the external speaker on the rear of the unit but with no success, still sounds scrambly and distorted. Its not the aerial i have tested that on other devices, It works fine.
bodyguard

Re: Repairs

Post by bodyguard »

try spraying the volume control with WD40 or something similar, it might have dirty contacts in the pot
Cheers
BG

UBC9000XLT, UBCT8, BCT15X, UBC92XLT, Kenwood R-5000, PSR-410 , KG-UVD1P
AIRMAN

Post by AIRMAN »

bodyguard wrote:try spraying the volume control with WD40 or something similar, it might have dirty contacts in the pot

Use sparingly
lcdtech

Post by lcdtech »

The problem with WD40 is it doesn't work real well after a little while and it may not be compatible with some of the plastics used in fine wiper volume pots.

The better option is to use Deoxit Gold (Dam expensive) as it designed for volume controls etc. If you spray any thing else into it, it may work for a while then get noise again or worse jam up. A possible cheaper option is one of the products from ELECTROLUBE® such as EML200F - Contact Cleaner Lubricant Aerosol. And no I don't work for Electrolube.
UBC9000XLT