Hey there

A place for all new members to the forum to introduce themselves, tell us a little about you, your radio experiences, and anything else relevant
Q Tip

Hey there

Post by Q Tip »

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd give a hoy. I'm from Brisbane and I'm really new to this, so I'm struggling a bit, but hopefully I can pick it up in no time reading through the topics. I'm using (what I'm assuming is) an analogue scanner but I can't seem to pick up much at all, especially on the rail frequencies, I'm getting nothing but static. Can anyone help me out here?
rochedalescan
Founder

Re: Hey there

Post by rochedalescan »

Welcome Q Tip, where abouts are you located ? we might be able to help you out a bit better frequency wise where the closest repeaters are etc.

Cheers Shane
Shane Logan
Aussiescanners Founder

Australia's Premier Communications forum!
~ Please contact Phil for administration enquiries ~
Q Tip

Hey there

Post by Q Tip »

I'm around Mount Gravatt area, I haven't actually been home since I purchased my scanner, I'm house sitting in Brisbane. But The only thing I've managed to pick up is one ambo channel and one fire. It's frustrating
rochedalescan
Founder

Hey there

Post by rochedalescan »

468.800mhz and 468.7250mhz are both QPS Logan repeaters and you should be able to hear them fine from mount gravatt not top sure which ones clearer
Shane Logan
Aussiescanners Founder

Q Tip

Hey there

Post by Q Tip »

Awesome, thanks Shane.
SteveO

Post by SteveO »

Q tip if you have the right frequencies programmed in you will hear alot. There is still heaps to listen to in our area. What type of scanner did you buy? the antenna can let you down.
Steve
Q Tip

Hey there

Post by Q Tip »

EZI30XLT. I'm already looking for another antenna to fit it, any ideas on what to look for?

The antenna connection in the unit is a bayonet style twist on
Q Tip

Hey there

Post by Q Tip »

I'm also wondering about air traffic frequencies
rochedalescan
Founder

Post by rochedalescan »

That type of connector is BNC it is a common connector for most scanner receivers as others have mentioned you will see a noticeable difference connecting an external antenna to the radio and these can be purchased at any local dick smith or ebay. see this forum for Air traffic information http://www.aussiescanners.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=215 or http://southeastqldaviation.blogspot.co ... ncies.html
Shane Logan
Aussiescanners Founder

Q Tip

Hey there

Post by Q Tip »

Thanks mate. I'm just waiting on my new antenna and hopefully it'll open up the signal