Hi from the sunny coast

A place for all new members to the forum to introduce themselves, tell us a little about you, your radio experiences, and anything else relevant
QLD-Bob

Hi from the sunny coast

Post by QLD-Bob »

Hi everyone, I'm Bob, I'm interested in scanning and UHF coms, I have an old netset pro 2032 ( radio shak base station scanner), a uniden bearcat 20ch handheld scanner, a baofeng uv-5r programmed for uhf80ch and emergency services and what not (RX only), and a GME3400 50ch (41-50 RX only set to local emergency services).
When I finish my studies and get back to working I intend to set up some more serious radio equipment, mobile and home base.
I live on the southern Sunshine Coast, but am interested in any frequencies for anywhere between Bundaberg and the NSW enteral coast, Hunter Valley, as I travel between the two regularly.
rochedalescan
Founder

Re: Hi from the sunny coast

Post by rochedalescan »

Welcome Bob, great set of gear you've got there :)
Shane Logan
Aussiescanners Founder

Australia's Premier Communications forum!
~ Please contact Phil for administration enquiries ~
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

G'day!
QLD-Bob

Post by QLD-Bob »

All the great gear in the world is next to useless when you live between three mountains rochdalescan, lol. Only two (wild horse mtn ant mount beerburrum) have antenna towers. None of which are UHF cb repeaters. Most of my radio use is done while mobile.
QLD-Bob

Post by QLD-Bob »

I forgot to mention that I also have a Pearce Simpson super panther, that I'm told has had all the cristal mods got extra bands. However I haven't been able to get my hands on a SWR meter and someone who knows how to use it, any info on this radio will be appreciated, as I know squat about it.