uniden announces the bcd436hp

Discussion on Uniden technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
vkcpolice

uniden announces the bcd436hp

Post by vkcpolice »

On November 16, 2013, Uniden announced the release of the BCD436HP and the BCD536HP. Both decode Project 25 Phase II TDMA. Delivery is scheduled for January 2014. I dont know if p25 phase 2 will be used in australia
Pumper_50

Re: uniden announces the bcd436hp

Post by Pumper_50 »

It will be eventually.

The MMR Network in Victoria started upgrading network towers to Phase II capability earlier this year.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
vkcpolice

Post by vkcpolice »

Great more money I dont have to buy a new scanner
Pumper_50

Post by Pumper_50 »

Just remember because a network tower is Phase II capable it doesn't mean it's operating as such.

They can be set up so that if a radio that is capable of only Phase I is registered to it the tower will revert back to Phase I operation.

Bit of a very basic explanation and there is a bit more to it, but it's late and I'm on my seventh straight night shift and can't be bothered. LOL
vkcpolice

Post by vkcpolice »

Lol in the end all talk groups will be encrypted anyway ambos and cfa mfb its the way the world is moving scanners are really becomming a thing of the past and anything thats unencrypted or analouge wont even be worth listening too. This could be years of but it will eventually happen and very suprised the mfb and mas are not already using encryption
Newy1234

Post by Newy1234 »

vkcpolice

Post by vkcpolice »

Watched the vid they look so nice only just got my 396xt for $400 If I knew there was a new model comming out would have waited.