UBCT8 Programming Cable

Discussion on Uniden technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
Stretch
Forum Manager

UBCT8 Programming Cable

Post by Stretch »

Does anyone have a programming cable for the UBCT8. I have looked and looked and all I've found are male to male whereas this one needs a male to female. Anyone have one and if so, where did you get them from???
Mitch Rogers
Finch

Re: UBCT8 Programming Cable

Post by Finch »

It's just a 9 pin serial lead, any computer store would sell them.
-Alex
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

Finch wrote:It's just a 9 pin serial lead, any computer store would sell them.
They all sell male - male. I've found ones to a USB port but I've been told (I wonder by who :P) that they're sometimes unreliable
Mitch Rogers
Finch

Post by Finch »

Have you tried Jaycar? I got mine from Jaycar. Sometimes the USB to Serial can be unreliable because you need software driver for them. But sometimes they will work without a problem.
Jaycar RS232 Search
That is a little overpriced though.
Ebay RS232 Search
You might be able to find one at a used computer store or a garage sale or a local market.
Last edited by Phil on Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fix of Html code - please code your html to have words not just a html address
-Alex
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

Finch wrote:Have you tried Jaycar? I got mine from Jaycar. Sometimes the USB to Serial can be unreliable because you need software driver for them. But sometimes they will work without a problem.
http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.as ... rm=KEYWORD
That is a little overpriced though.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/RS232-DB9-Male-t ... 2a02e56985
You might be able to find one at a used computer store or a garage sale or a local market.
I trust you to find something on Ebay :P You always seem to find the impossible :)

Thank you
Mitch Rogers
dags

Post by dags »

i bought an adapter for mine from dickies
Comint

Post by Comint »

Stretch wrote:Does anyone have a programming cable for the UBCT8. I have looked and looked and all I've found are male to male whereas this one needs a male to female. Anyone have one and if so, where did you get them from???
I'm sure I have posted this information before, but I can't find any trace of it.

Jaycar sell the required lead. They call it a DB9 extension lead.
1.8M long - Cat No. WC-7534 - page 345 of 2009 Catalogue

You should also be able to get them from Prime Electronics (St Lucia Electronics) at Bowen Hills.

Or from one of the Vendors at the Sundaycomputermarkets, when they return from the Christmas break.

--
Comint
rochedalescan
Founder

Post by rochedalescan »

Il see you tomorrow about it anyway stretch you can have mine, its no good to me unless you have the program. I think you can get a free trial for it but yeah all I got was the male to male and then a male-female adaptor.
Shane Logan
Aussiescanners Founder

Australia's Premier Communications forum!
~ Please contact Phil for administration enquiries ~
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

rochedalescan wrote:Il see you tomorrow about it anyway stretch you can have mine, its no good to me unless you have the program. I think you can get a free trial for it but yeah all I got was the male to male and then a male-female adaptor.
Cheers :)
Mitch Rogers
Phil
Administrator

Post by Phil »

all i use is a Male - Male with a gender bender from dickies although i got the male to male from something i brought from overseas. also i have the serial for the T8/9 if you are wanting it
Phil
Forum Administrator
phil@aussiescanners.com.au

Uniden UBCD996T, RH96, UBCD396xt, Uniden UBCD563-PT
RTL-SDRs way to many
Motorola GP328, GP338, GP328 Plus, XTS3000, DP3400 VHF, DP2600e, DP4801e, DM4601e, XTL5000-03, XTS2500 M3
Simoco SRM9030 AC, SRM9022 UW
Hytera - PD412, PD462, PD682, MD782G, PD782G
Barrett 950
Icom IC-F60, IC-410 Pro
Tait TM8250
Kenwood - NX720HG
Mathew

Post by Mathew »

USB to Serial doesn't work for the T8 :(
Uniden 396T + RH-96, Uniden BCT8, Puxing 888 UHF
AIRMAN

Post by AIRMAN »

I can't find one to fit my UBCT9. Absolute waste of time. :( Uniden should have it as a throw in when U buy or at least an optional extra from them.
Phil
Administrator

Post by Phil »

would have been good if Uniden did. i have seen them in Jaycar however Dick Smith don't sell them anymore
Phil
Forum Administrator
phil@aussiescanners.com.au

Uniden UBCD996T, RH96, UBCD396xt, Uniden UBCD563-PT
RTL-SDRs way to many
Motorola GP328, GP338, GP328 Plus, XTS3000, DP3400 VHF, DP2600e, DP4801e, DM4601e, XTL5000-03, XTS2500 M3
Simoco SRM9030 AC, SRM9022 UW
Hytera - PD412, PD462, PD682, MD782G, PD782G
Barrett 950
Icom IC-F60, IC-410 Pro
Tait TM8250
Kenwood - NX720HG
Scannersplitterguy

Post by Scannersplitterguy »

http://www.scannerantennasplitter.com
http://www.acdcmanuals.com
AOR AR8200MK3, Icom IC-R75, UBC370CRS, UH7750NB, SR162 VHF AIS, SDR USB Dongle, Anytone AT-6666, Pearce Simpson Super Cheetah 27 MHz AM/SSB, QJE QJ-PS30II 30A PSU, Diamond DJ-130 Discone, Shockwave 5/8 27MHz, DIY HF longwire
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

Scannersplitterguy wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DB9-Serial-3m-10 ... 860wt_1026

Not hard to find really....
Yeah I found one last night but I was hoping a local dealer nearby would sell them so I could get it ASAP. Got one coming fron Taiwan but who knows how long that could take.
Mitch Rogers
dags

Post by dags »

as scanner splitter guy said they are easy to find locally even the female to male adapters computer shops harveys jaycar places like that no need to get one from overseas i got mine from dickies walked in got one walked back out only took me 5 mins hope this helps
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

dags wrote:as scanner splitter guy said they are easy to find locally even the female to male adapters computer shops harveys jaycar places like that no need to get one from overseas i got mine from dickies walked in got one walked back out only took me 5 mins hope this helps
My local DSE has removed all traces of radio equipment recently. Rang Jaycar and they only had male to male according to the guy on the phone and my local computer store (normally really good) only had male - male
Mitch Rogers
dags

Post by dags »

just had a look at my adapter it is female to female which plugs into the back of the computer it is a belkin brand hope this helps
rochedalescan
Founder

Post by rochedalescan »

Good luck finding a male - female I had to buy the male-male and then get an adaptor from male-female. But im pretty sure I got both parts from jaycar.
Shane Logan
Aussiescanners Founder

Australia's Premier Communications forum!
~ Please contact Phil for administration enquiries ~
Comint

Post by Comint »

AIRMAN wrote:I can't find one to fit my UBCT9. Absolute waste of time. :( Uniden should have it as a throw in when U buy or at least an optional extra from them.
Vidcam (Jaycar Toowoomba) at the Hooper Centre, had two WC-7534 cables (DB9M to DB9F RS-232) on display when I was in the shop this morning.

--
Comint