General Icom software Question.

Discussion on Icom technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
D1cko

Post by D1cko »

Some time ago now I saw the light and have switched to running Macs. Great computers but I have the inherent problem of finding software that works. I am aware of the ability to run microsoft emulators but thats to much trouble for me. So does anyone know if theres anything out there for me or will I have to hit up Harvey Norman next time they have a computer sale on and pick up a cheap PC?
Phantom
Forum Manager

Re: General Icom software Question.

Post by Phantom »

Why don't you run Paralles or VM "inside" your mac ??

I have a lot of work software that only runs on Windows - and it works great "inside" the mac

You can either choose to boot your Mac into a Windows machine (at the initial boot up phase) or elect to have the machine running as a mac - but then open up windows in a new window as sax Windows XP - you can then Xfer files between both Operating Systems

Works great for my needs

Would I go back to a windows machine - NO WAY - I will always run what i need thru a mac - and then for everything else via parallels
D1cko

Re: General Icom software Question.

Post by D1cko »

I have thought about that. I hate to admit this but when I looked into it I couldn't make any sense of it. Maybe I should look into it again and talk to someone that can show me how it works.
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

If u purchase parallels, instructions are good but so is google!

If I can do it, anyone can! Give it a shot, u will probably surprise yourself!