Bushfires in SEQ

James14

Bushfires in SEQ

Post by James14 »

I didn't post it in incident alert as it's not specific to one incident.

Over the past couple of days I've been hearing alot of appliances call firecom to say they are back on run leaving 18 station ( Durack) example today was 516K, 521A, 508A and 510A was that due to bush fires in the greenbank area? Do they use Durack as a staging area? There were others as well. There was alot of appliances coming back onto firecom Brisbane from southeast too, 501B, 513A etc I gather they've been helping with the firefighting.

I heard 547A was at 10 station today (long way from home!) both day workers 91&92A were being kept busy. From what I heard a lot of resources were out of town stretching it thin in Brisbane.

On a possibly related note, last night I saw 3 RFS vehicles heading north on the Gateway motorway at Bracken Ridge with Lights and Sirens on, anyone shed light on that? I imagine they were along way from home too. Not many RFS on the Gateway.
nbus qld

Re: Bushfires in SEQ

Post by nbus qld »

A lot of then went down to Greenbank on tuesday as well including 547A/507A/509A and 505A.
517J and 517K.
somqld

Post by somqld »

TMBAscan

Post by TMBAscan »

At about 10am on Wednesday, there were about 4 QFRS appliances that booked onto SW region from SE. They had a Taskforce number aswell. Coming up the range to help with the bushfires. I will see if I can track down the Taskforce ID again.
312alpha

Bushfires in SEQ

Post by 312alpha »

Big fires out at Ravensbourne and Crows nest

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Happy scanning!

312alpha
gls_triton

Post by gls_triton »

There has been so many appliances out my way (Springfield) over the past few weeks...

I know a group left from Caboolture on Tuesday for Greenback ICC. Alot of Brisbane units have also attended to help out and then the hundreds of rural appliances...

It would be nice to see a complete list of every single appliance that has attended since the fire started 2 weeks ago.
SteveO

Post by SteveO »

I heard the water bombing helicopters leaving Archerfield for Crows Nest yesterday morning.
Steve
Rohan

Post by Rohan »

crows nest incident got upgraded to a level three incident today multiple strike teams etc north reigion strike team brisbane reigion task force etc.
the task force you are refering to was task force one its an urban task force for structural protection at the crows nest fire consisting of 5 old type twos the mitsubishi figther i think they are.
Rohan Greer
hon. sec. Cambooya RFB
scanners simoco 9020vhf, simoco 9020uhf, IC-400pro, IC-41s, ubc340crs
somqld

Post by somqld »

gls_triton wrote:There has been so many appliances out my way (Springfield) over the past few weeks...

I know a group left from Caboolture on Tuesday for Greenback ICC. Alot of Brisbane units have also attended to help out and then the hundreds of rural appliances...

It would be nice to see a complete list of every single appliance that has attended since the fire started 2 weeks ago.

I belong to Greenbank and have done a few days in planning as well as out on the ground, I will see what i can get and reply there has been on average of 50 trucks over 24h period and a lot of urban and rural crews from north and south coast.
The community has been great, rural ops also it has now burnt over 4000Ha with not 1 structure lost and believe me it came close many times
bustercc

Post by bustercc »

Durack 18stn is being used as the staging area for those urban brisbane appliances placed on standby for the crows nest fires.