My introduction

A place for all new members to the forum to introduce themselves, tell us a little about you, your radio experiences, and anything else relevant
srm9000

My introduction

Post by srm9000 »

Hello,

I am new to this site and here is bit of information about my experiences with two way communications

I grew up as a kid involved in cb radio in family 4x4s since the 80's. First it was AM 27mhz with lower and upper sideband and I remember having an AM cb radio in my bedroom as a teenager. I used to talk to about 5 mates in my home country town as we all lived just a few kilometres apart. Wed talk about school and parties and girls instead of doing homework haha. I remember that radio channel 11 on the AM band was very popular in the late 80s and early 90s . My dad always had radios setup in his shed and his cars.he would talk on 35 LSB and 16 USB. (Forgive me if those channels are wrong). In the 90s it was UHF and I have had them in every car since 1995. Now as I'm nearing 40, I don't seem to talk as much unless in convoy with friends or talking to workmates. I mostly just listen to what's out there even when camping, I would put my old 40 channel gme UHF on scan to see what was out there. I enjoy the sound of two way radios and can often have it as background sound on my handheld uhf radios and bearcat scanner when guests are around at my house. Sometimes it can be annoying though haha.

Regards,

Shane
Last edited by srm9000 on Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tanger32au

Re: My introduction

Post by tanger32au »

Hi Shane and welcome to the forum.

Reading your story of how you started in the radio hobby brings back a lot of good memories for me. Good luck with it all.

Paul
rochedalescan
Founder

Post by rochedalescan »

Welcome to the forums Shane (Great name :P)

The Simoco is a great radio once set up properly, where abouts are you located ? and great introduction :)

Thanks and Regards
Shane
Shane Logan
Aussiescanners Founder

Australia's Premier Communications forum!
~ Please contact Phil for administration enquiries ~
srm9000

Post by srm9000 »

Hello and thanks for the messages. I'm based in Perth.I think Shane Warne has given us Shane's a bad name though haha...
Last edited by srm9000 on Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
srm9000

Post by srm9000 »

Thankds
Last edited by srm9000 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SteveO

Post by SteveO »

If you limit the transmit on UHF CB frequencies to 5 watts which is the legal power instead of 25 watts or whatever your output is then it may be ok? I am just thinking that some people may have been transmitting on more than 5 watts? I am no expert though and there may be other reasons?

As to your other conspiracy writing you don't know a bloke in Melbourne who goes by the name of Baz do you :lol:
Steve
srm9000

Post by srm9000 »

For sure
Last edited by srm9000 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stretch
Forum Manager

My introduction

Post by Stretch »

Ok.....

Cheers,
Mitch
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mitch Rogers