PDW email failing in the last month or so

If your into decoding transmissions, this is the place for you. Topics cover everything from pocsag, ermes, acars, flex & mobitex!!!
OIC_Napster

PDW email failing in the last month or so

Post by OIC_Napster »

Hi all,

Has anyone's PDW failed to send email on a daily basis in the last month or so?

Mine keeps failing and I haven't changed anything in the last 5 years it's been running 24/7.

Sometimes it will send a filtered message and sometimes it just throws an error.

Anyone else?

Cheers

OIC
Phantom
Forum Manager

Re: PDW email failing in the last month or so

Post by Phantom »

Is the problem with the program or with the mail server/settings you are using?

Could it be possible the mail server settings have changed?
comport1

Post by comport1 »

Hi

As phantom said, is there a chance the server settings have changed? Of late, I know a few ISP's that have done this...

Also, check out my post here http://www.aussiescanners.com.au/forum/ ... =67&t=7577 in regards to PDW email. This may help??

Cheers
------------------------------------------
Comport1
Yipyip46

Post by Yipyip46 »

Good Morning, I had the issue where the system was running 24/7 and it would intermittently stop sending the emails. I got into the habit of every Monday closing everything down including the PC and restarting it. I never had the trouble again. The old story, leave windows running 24/7 and you will find bugs (Windows on the PC and faults not the glass windows before the the smart ones draw the wrong conclusions.) Regards Yipyip
OIC_Napster

Post by OIC_Napster »

I found out with playing around that the system wouldn't send to my bigpond email after many years. I even checked my IP address with the spam blockers etc and yeah just changed the email address and it now works.

Very odd

OIC