Streetholden is here.

A place for all new members to the forum to introduce themselves, tell us a little about you, your radio experiences, and anything else relevant
Streetholden

Streetholden is here.

Post by Streetholden »

Hey guys, been lurking this site from time to time to kill some time. I thought i might join and see if i can contribute to the forum. I dont know much about scanners and CBs except how to use and install them. I have an oricom UHF-080 in the car. Cheap effective and 25 police channels programed in :D Its used for long road trips with a mate and have to give it credit for saving my life (and the cars life) awhile ago.
I also have in my possession 3 Uniden sundowner UH-088 CBs. Mates upgrade, they go to chuck them, i grab them as i say "ill find some use for them" I still havnt. I use to uhave a uniden handheld scanner, but it was only useful for close range.

What im looking to do, pretty much asap, to kill some time is set up a home CB set up. Mainly so i dont have to leave the car on to listen to the police. But as far as i know you can not program the police frequencies into the sundowner. I know you can stream online but id rather not do that.

So if you see a white country pack VS commodore with "NA NA NA-NA NA" down the side, you know who it is now.
Stretch
Forum Manager

Re: Streetholden is here.

Post by Stretch »

Welcome :) where abouts are you located???
Mitch Rogers
Streetholden

Post by Streetholden »

Cheers mate. Im located in Caloundra.
rochedalescan
Founder

Post by rochedalescan »

Welcome to the forums buddy, if you only want to listen to the police etc inside you should consider just getting a base scanner something basic such as http://www.prestigecom.net.au/index.php ... ts_id=2727 which is available at Dick Smiths, Wow sight and sound, various online places etc. (And a decent outdoors antenna) I have one similar to this and it is perfect for scanning however cannot be used to transmit on http://www.prestigecom.net.au/index.php ... ts_id=1335

However if you do want a home CB setup and the oricoms do what you want them to do I would stick with them they are not a bad radio and the extra receive channels are a great feature (Plus they are alot cheaper than the brand name ones) and again with the decent antenna

Your Uniden UH-088's are no good for what you want them to do however you should be able to get atleast $100 ea for a decent condition UH-088 try ebay :)

Welcome again.

Thanks and Regards
Shane
Shane Logan
Aussiescanners Founder

Australia's Premier Communications forum!
~ Please contact Phil for administration enquiries ~
Streetholden

Post by Streetholden »

Thanks Shane. Ill have a look into those base scanners. I find it very amusing listening to the police. I still to this day cant get over these 2 sentences: "Such and such name (wont say his name), 19 years of age, obese build and currently not wanted" and "There has been reports of a person naked dancing on a balcony in mooloolaba (at 6am)" lol.

Also forgot to mention sitting next to me is a Motorola MCX600. Can not find any info on it and it has no cables or mic. So i cant find any parts for it to. Its like it never existed lol.
Comint

Post by Comint »

Streetholden wrote:Also forgot to mention sitting next to me is a Motorola MCX600. Can not find any info on it and it has no cables or mic. So i cant find any parts for it to. Its like it never existed lol.
Have you tried Batlabs.

As far as I am aware, the MCX600 is for use on the MPT1327 Trunked Radio Networks, although it can also be programmed with 4 Conventional frequencies.

--
Comint
Streetholden

Post by Streetholden »

Thanks mate. Not sure what trunked radio networks are, but sounds like its completely useless to me. Its surprising that google didnt bring that site up with i searched the model number.
Phil
Administrator

Post by Phil »

yeh the MCX600 like comint stated is a Trunking Radio and probably the wrong frequency range for you aswell.
Phil
Forum Administrator
phil@aussiescanners.com.au

Uniden UBCD996T, RH96, UBCD396xt, Uniden UBCD563-PT
RTL-SDRs way to many
Motorola GP328, GP338, GP328 Plus, XTS3000, DP3400 VHF, DP2600e, DP4801e, DM4601e, XTL5000-03, XTS2500 M3
Simoco SRM9030 AC, SRM9022 UW
Hytera - PD412, PD462, PD682, MD782G, PD782G
Barrett 950
Icom IC-F60, IC-410 Pro
Tait TM8250
Kenwood - NX720HG
Streetholden

Post by Streetholden »

Ah well. If anyone wants it, its theirs. Otherwise itll head to the bins.
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

PM Sent - would hate to see it go to the bin