MDT's in QFRS Vehicles

Salis532

MDT's in QFRS Vehicles

Post by Salis532 »

Maybe this isn't new, but a number of pumps have been sending code 5 messages and stop messages over some sort of MDT in the truck, I only know cause some haven't gone through and fire-com has used the radio to confirm the message.

Is this new or old news?
Tatcher

Re: MDT's in QFRS Vehicles

Post by Tatcher »

new tech being trialled as part of the digital upgrade i believe. which appliances did you hear (or not hear in this situation ;) )??
Salis532

MDT's in QFRS Vehicles

Post by Salis532 »

I heard 504A try and use it for a stop message and one of the Roma St pumps try to use it for code 5.

Edit: They used their radio to confirm they had tried to used it.
nbus qld

Post by nbus qld »

There are about 5 Trucks with it and they are 503A/502A and others. There are some problems with them and they are trying to work them out.
517J and 517K.
bustercc

Post by bustercc »

theyre in 501A, 502A, 503A, 504A.
They will be rolled out to all vehicles once the bugs are sorted with them. They are as a result of the flood inquiry where heavy radio traffic was a problem identified. They enable an appliance to sent a all codes, duress call, call for more appliances etc, by using a button on the consol which alerts firecom to this code. Firecom then call the appliance when time permits to get further details. The capabilities of the tablet, which can be removed from the appliance and used at an incident, will be expanded over time to include incident management tools, premises information, etc etc.
Currently it has multiple problems and it has nearly been thrown out of a few windows.