Storage of scanner information

Communications scanning & radio related discussion for Australia, covering all states and territories - discussion that is on a national level only
tanger32au

Storage of scanner information

Post by tanger32au »

For the past few months I have been spending a lot of time logging and confirming active frequencies around my city. This has included adding notes on call signs, codes and other related information which I will be posting on my website.

I have used an Excel spreadsheet until now but think I am getting to the point where this is limiting me and how much information I can log on some frequencies. For those of us who store information how do you do it? Have you found any software that is useful for this purpose?

Paul
alphanull25

Re: Storage of scanner information

Post by alphanull25 »

Hi Paul
I wrote a custom application to handle the received frequencies and data obtained from the ACMA database. The program uses MS SQL Server to store the data and SQL Queries are run by the program to collect whatever data I need to look at. It has been expanded to give me my favorite lists of frequencies to search for and can also export formatted lists to go into the scanner.
Niall
tanger32au

Re: Storage of scanner information

Post by tanger32au »

Thanks for the information. Is this something you could / would be willing to share?