UBCD436 PT PROGRAMMING

Discussion on Uniden technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
hazza88

UBCD436 PT PROGRAMMING

Post by hazza88 »

Hi All

I have the UBCD436 PT scanner. I have used ARC-536 to get services from radioreference. I managed to write all data to the scanner and can see all information loaded however I am not hearing much besides the odd aviation frequencies. Did I miss a step? What is the method used to hear all that. I am located in Victoria. Can someone assist
railscan

Re: UBCD436 PT PROGRAMMING

Post by railscan »

The first problem is you used Radio Reference, it is USELESS for Australia and should NOT be relied upon for information. Most of it is out of date or just plain wrong. If you can cancel your subscription I would seriously advise you to do so. There are more than enough local sites with up to date, accurate information. This site being one and this one, another: https://vrz.boards.net/ This site is dedicated to Victoria and is recommended.

Secondly, we have no idea of how you have entered the data. What entries were made what was left blank? It is difficult to know if you have missed a step, as we cannot see the data. What services are you monitoring? What bands, VHF, UHF or both? What sites if trying to monitor trunking? If the RMR or MMR was the data entered as Phase I or Phase II? For analog were the correct CTCSS or DCS tones entered? If digital P25, the correct NACs? The questions are almost endless.

Basically more information is needed.
hazza88

Post by hazza88 »

Where can I obtain all the information I need to enter the scanner from?
I have purchased DMR code for my scanner so thats active too.
How can I monitor RMR, MMR, State wide emergency etc
Also is sentinel enough to program this information
railscan

Post by railscan »

It appears that you do not have a lot of experience with this type of scanner. I don't mean that as an insult, they can be tricky things.

As such I would suggest you contact, assuming you have Facebook this guy https://www.facebook.com/Ozscan-1931730 ... 0/?fref=ts

He can for a fee put together a Micro SD card containing all the information and frequency data you need. You will need to tell him what area you are in and the services etc you wish to monitor. Likewise for a fee he can send you a prepared card for all of Victoria that you can pick and choose from. He will also give you instructions to upload the data to the scanner.

That way you can see how files are constructed and basically reverse engineer them to learn the process.
hazza88

Post by hazza88 »

Thank you for the link.

I don't have much experience but was able to program Melbourne airport but that is a pretty easy process.
I want to be able to enter all kinds of frequencies and data that will enable me to listen to everything possible.
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

hazza88.

As you're not really sure on what you want to listen in on, you just want to enter all kinds of frequencies and listen in to everything, it does make it extremely difficult to provide assistance.

I could be arrogant and say, hit search from 25MHz to 1300MHz.
But we all started from knowing nothing, and it does help greatly to get that initial help from someone to get going.

As railscan advised, forget radio reference. It is out of date and has incorrect information for Australia.
With no experience using this type of scanner, and using that site for manual entry or via ARC-536/ProScan/Freescan..., it will only give you grief for Aussies.
I ONLY go to that site for the forums, and then that is on the rarest of rare occasions.

I also recommend contacting Jim at Ozscan via railscan link above.
He can provide for a small fee, a Micro SD card to swap out with existing one.
That will give you a good start for Victoria with the usual MMR and RMR networks, CFA Fireground, CB, Marine...

This will provide you with a good base-set to start to get to know your scanner better with a variety of users.
Then when up and running, you can start to experiment and expand your listening pleasure.
hazza88

Post by hazza88 »

Which program would be the best to use for the Uniden UBCD436 PT? I would appreciate if you guys show me where to get the required information to program scanner and which program is best to use for this?
VK3RX

Post by VK3RX »

I use Uniden's Sentinel.

I used to use ARC536 but a couple of years back there was some incompatibility using it with our versions of the SDS series scanners. It used to change some data when it wrote to the radio, a problem which I assume has since been fixed.

I rarely use even Sentinel these days, because the SD card from Ozscan has all the authorities and systems I need and far more.

When I first got his card and swapped it out in the radio with the Uniden supplied one then read the radio with Sentinel, that's how I learnt how to program the radio, what data and fields were needed and the format, then I could make some additions and customise things to my needs.

If you really want to attempt to set it up from scratch yourself - and have the associated headaches :) - you could look at this:

http://new.marksscanners.com/536/436_536.shtml

Its for the U.S. model but most applies to our PT versions too.
hazza88

Post by hazza88 »

if someone already has a compiled as a HPE file ready to import into sentinel and write to the scanner would be perfect. I can pay someone to even compile a working HPE with all Victorian scanner frequencies. Especially digital ones
railscan

Post by railscan »

I thought I already addressed that, but here goes again, email ozscan@outlook.com

He will do exactly as you require!
hazza88

Post by hazza88 »

Hi I did get in touch with him. He said he has the generic SD card which comes with the basic setup up like CFA etc. I wanted a more comprehensive database to work with.
VK3RX

Post by VK3RX »

There may have been some misunderstanding between you and Ozscan.

This link is for the SD card from him for the 436/536PT - note the list of parties included:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/22432566895 ... Sw~kJagqmU
hazza88

Post by hazza88 »

Yee he told me about that. He was referring to that to start with. I know this scanner is capable of more so I wanted to get the most of of my scanner by getting more frequencies and agencies loaded
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

Have you even looked at the links that railscan and VK3RX provided???
If you did, you will see that he includes the following:

MMR - Fire Rescue, CFA, SES
RMR - Fire Rescue, CFA, SES, DWELP, Surf Lifesaving
SMR - Ambulance
Fireground - CFA, DWELP
CB - UHF & 27MHz
St John
Aviation
Marine
Amateur Radio
Vic Roads

You have to start somewhere, and he provides a solid start to get going, get listening and start to understand the scanner.
People are willing to help, but will not hand over files of "everything" that you are going on about.
These lists take a considerable amount of time to compile and get it working right the way you want.

You mentioned you are willing to pay, well how about give him a go, and that will give you a good start.
Rome was not built in one day.