IRC Chatroom

The place to get the latest website updates, to share your suggestions and to introduce yourself to the community
bodyguard

IRC Chatroom

Post by bodyguard »

irc://irc.chat4all.net/Rochedalescan

will need some sort of IRC client like the following

http://www.mirc.com/get.html
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/16 for firefox (thats what I use)

Like thats where we hang out

Edit: Rochedalescan - Or you can use this client through our other website http://rochedalescan.tripod.com/id24.html
Cheers
BG

UBC9000XLT, UBCT8, BCT15X, UBC92XLT, Kenwood R-5000, PSR-410 , KG-UVD1P
rochedalescan
Founder

Re: IRC Chatroom

Post by rochedalescan »

Intuition wrote:I personally believe that this may take off, but won't last any longer than four weeks. IRC is not a very well populated instant chat protocol, people are opting for more modern instant messenger clients such as MSN & Yahoo ect. In my eyes, IRC is for gamers only.

Good luck with it...
We have had it for a while and it hasn't been very popular, would be good if I could incorporate a client or something into the site I dont know have like a sub page.
Shane Logan
Aussiescanners Founder

Australia's Premier Communications forum!
~ Please contact Phil for administration enquiries ~
bodyguard

Post by bodyguard »

Intuition wrote:I personally believe that this may take off, but won't last any longer than four weeks. IRC is not a very well populated instant chat protocol, people are opting for more modern instant messenger clients such as MSN & Yahoo ect. In my eyes, IRC is for gamers only.

Good luck with it...
This announcement came from this staff member, by the way, Intuition are you the forum police now ? as far as I am aware you aren't a staff member (correct me if I am wrong), like Shane has said we have had it for a while, guess thats where the mature members communicate, not little kids who play with MSN.

That 4 weeks you talk of, expired like 6 months ago, just was wanting to populate it a bit more, with newer members on & the merging of a couple sites.

Guess you not a gamer, or haven't done gaming for a while as the IRC has slowly dropped off in the last 5years.

Best if you don't comment on anything you know very little about, thats the same reason why I don't comment on hosting etc
Cheers
BG

UBC9000XLT, UBCT8, BCT15X, UBC92XLT, Kenwood R-5000, PSR-410 , KG-UVD1P
SunnybankScan

Post by SunnybankScan »

Lets keep it together gentleman
Cheers
SunnybankScan

GME 3440, Philips PRM8030, Tait 2020, Motorola GP328, Motorola XTS5000, UBCD996T, UBC780XLT, UBCT8, 72XLT, UH078sx, UH075, UH088, PRO530XL, Atlantis 250
rochedalescan
Founder

Post by rochedalescan »

I have now locked this topic, BG was only trying to remind that the IRC chatroom was still active for those that prefer to use that rather than MSN.
Shane Logan
Aussiescanners Founder

Australia's Premier Communications forum!
~ Please contact Phil for administration enquiries ~