P25 ?

A place for all new members to the forum to introduce themselves, tell us a little about you, your radio experiences, and anything else relevant
softek2

P25 ?

Post by softek2 »

G'Day Everyone, Just joined the forum and am new to digital scanning. I bought a BearCat 996 off FleeBay and started listening only to find nothing except for a single frequency (416.1750) with no audio. I am still trying to wrap my brain around the concept of trunking let alone digital P25. I live "out of town" 143Km from Sugarloaf so the GRN footprint might no fill this area. I am led to believe (by the Statewide GRN) nametag and the sellers note that he has programmed everything ready to go for digital scanning {only time will tell}. For the time being however I will keep muddling through the CD manual till I can get a better grasp on things.

Regards,
GT (Gloucester)
Comint

Re: P25 ?

Post by Comint »

softek2 wrote:G'Day Everyone, Just joined the forum and am new to digital scanning. I bought a BearCat 996 off FleeBay and started listening only to find nothing except for a single frequency (416.1750) with no audio. I am still trying to wrap my brain around the concept of trunking let alone digital P25. I live "out of town" 143Km from Sugarloaf so the GRN footprint might no fill this area. I am led to believe (by the Statewide GRN) nametag and the sellers note that he has programmed everything ready to go for digital scanning {only time will tell}. For the time being however I will keep muddling through the CD manual till I can get a better grasp on things.

Regards,
GT (Gloucester)
I don't believe there is any coastal coverage, by the NSWGRN, north of Gan Gan Hill at Nelson Bay, at this time.
416.1750 MHz is one of the frequencies listed for Cabbage Tree Hill (about 32 km SSE of Gloucester), and is often shown as being the Control Channel (CC). The CC will have a continuous transmission on it.

Other frequencies at Cabbage Tree Hill are: 416.4250, 416.6750, 416.8125, 416.9250, 417.1750, 417.4250, and 419.4250.

I can't remember the actual figures, but the pollies spruik that the NSWGRN "covers 90% of the population" (or something along those lines). But unfortunately, 90% of the population resides in less than one-third of the area of the State, and that is about all the area that the NSWGRN covers at this time.

--
Comint
matthewn1983

Re: P25 ?

Post by matthewn1983 »

This will give you a rough idea of GRN coverage across NSW.
http://i.imgur.com/LFZPx.jpg