New QFRS Rural builds

D1cko

New QFRS Rural builds

Post by D1cko »

Does anyone know who is building the new Rural Appliances? I just found out QFRS are trying to limit the age of appliances to 20 years. Tritons are being replaced with dual cab Rangers with slip on, Patrols are being replaced due to a diesel version no longer available. They will now be a 4x4 Iveco Daily. I am particularly keen to see the Iveco Daily 41s. The Daily is a sweet rig, comes with front and rear diff locks and are a damn capable trucks and it's a 'C' class vehicle.
Phantom
Forum Manager

Re: New QFRS Rural builds

Post by Phantom »

I believe there was a company on the Darling Downs who was "retrofitting" vehicles for the RFS.

As for the name, it eludes me at the moment ... I recall this being correct as of 10yrs ago, but like most things - probably changed
coghilla

Post by coghilla »

used to be AAA technologies at Crows Nest. now part of quik corp.
havent seen any other info. other than Mills Tui used to build the mediums.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... nt_count=1
D1cko

Post by D1cko »

Ok, I was just going through some of my pics of our new 51 and it was made by Quick Corp. I had a look on their site and there is nothing about the Iveco Daily's. I'll have to keep looking. There has to be some sort on info on these new builds.
urcuz

Post by urcuz »

had a test drive of the new iveco trucks from the local dealer and its a pretty decent truck on/off road especially for seating 6 crew (4 in the back)... Personally I don't know who is building the new appliances but its the new 41 even though its just a tiny bit taller than the 51, I cant believe they call this the light attack appliance
Last edited by urcuz on Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
D1cko

Post by D1cko »

I suppose since you only need a car license to drive it and it's only 3.5 or 4 tonne then that's about all its good for. Once they put lightbars on the roof they will be quite tall and I know some brigades won't be able to fit the new trucks in. I'm led to believe the new 41s will only be single cabs. They should be comfortable with the air ride seats in the front.
urcuz

Post by urcuz »

ah yes those seats are just so comfortable it makes a huge difference... the only down side I can see for these trucks at the moment is their speed limited to 90km/hr or 100km/kr (somewhere around that) + how reliable are they? and thers no 3 point contact for entry into the rear seats..

I did also hear that the 800L can be driven with a car licence but the 1300L (still light attack) needs a truck licence
also I believe we where told these dual cab trucks will still be light attack appliances
D1cko

Post by D1cko »

I can just imagine turning out with lights and sirens and having traffic pass us because the limiter is set at 90 or 100.
coghilla

Post by coghilla »

urcuz wrote:ah yes those seats are just so comfortable it makes a huge difference... the only down side I can see for these trucks at the moment is their speed limited to 90km/hr or 100km/kr (somewhere around that) + how reliable are they? and thers no 3 point contact for entry into the rear seats..

I did also hear that the 800L can be driven with a car licence but the 1300L (still light attack) needs a truck licence
also I believe we where told these dual cab trucks will still be light attack appliances
Yes the speed limiter will be interesting.

The amount of water/chassis will determine the GVM or gross vehicle mass. A class c car licence driver will allow for a maximum of 4500kg. Over that its a light rigid till 8500kg then a medium rigid licence.
bagman002

Post by bagman002 »

Does anyone have a picture of the new 41 mentioned above?

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk 4
Sold my Uniden 93XLT and now using Uniden 396XT
coghilla

Post by coghilla »

bagman002 wrote:Does anyone have a picture of the new 41 mentioned above?

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk 4
google iveco daily 4x4.
bustercc

Post by bustercc »

im not sure why you'd want to drive faster than 90-100km/h. You cant help anyone if you don't get there safely.
D1cko

Post by D1cko »

In an area where there are roads with a 110 limit and having responded in equipment that can't even do 100. It can be difficult and to an extent, embarrassing having a line of traffic behind you while going under lights and sirens.
stingray

Post by stingray »

D1cko, Neil Gallant (Assistant Commissioner QFRS) head of the Queensland Rural Fire Service has stated that Rural Fire Brigade appliances are NOT Emergency vehicles under Queensland traffic laws, so if you were travelling along a road where the speed limit exceeds what the vehicle can do, then just turn the lights and siren off and go with the flow of the traffic.
Salis532

New QFRS Rural builds

Post by Salis532 »

The rurals are going to have Blue flashing lights installed on their vehicles in the near future, to bring them into line with other emergency vehicles?
bustercc

Post by bustercc »

still wont be classed as an emergency vehicle and still cant exceed the road rules. red and blue lights are for safety only
D1cko

Post by D1cko »

All I know is I have been directed to respond priority due to property threat. I don't think I was ever speeding but that's more to do with the truck not being able to do the speed limit without a long run up.
Salis532

New QFRS Rural builds

Post by Salis532 »

So does that also mean that rurals are not allowed to run red lights?
bustercc

Post by bustercc »

never been allowed to run red lights or break any road rules
Salis532

Post by Salis532 »

Thanks for the info