Gadget City - are they trustworthy?

If you have something to say that just doesn't fit into any of the forums above, then post it here, remember to keep it PG rated for the kids
McAllister

Gadget City - are they trustworthy?

Post by McAllister »

Hey guys and gals! This is my first post and I'm not to sure if I've put this in the right area so I'm sorry in advance if I've stuffed up.

Anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone has purchased anything from Gadget City and how was your business with them? They have 100% feedback on eBay but I just wanna know if anyone has dealt with them on here.

Cheers!
Phantom
Forum Manager

Re: Gadget City - are they trustworthy?

Post by Phantom »

Interesting first post...
railscan

Post by railscan »

McAllister wrote:Hey guys and gals! This is my first post and I'm not to sure if I've put this in the right area so I'm sorry in advance if I've stuffed up. Anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone has purchased anything from Gadget City and how was your business with them? They have 100% feedback on eBay but I just wanna know if anyone has dealt with them on here.
Cheers!
Yes they are. You can buy with confidence from them. And I have no relationship with the company.

R
McAllister

Post by McAllister »

Phantom wrote:Interesting first post...
It's just that I'm looking at buying my first scanner and I don't wanna get stung is all :)
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

No worries. No one likes to be stung. Fairly safe depending on the method of payment used.

Which scanner are you looking at?
What are you interested in listening to and are you in Newcastle still?
McAllister

Post by McAllister »

I always try and pay via PayPal.

I'm looking at either the UBCD436PT or BCD325P2, I know it's probably a little much to be spending on a first scanner but oh well :) Pretty much whatever I can get, obviously the police would good to listen to but I think they're encrypted now. Yeah I've lived in the Newcastle/Maitland area all of my life.
railscan

Post by railscan »

McAllister wrote:I always try and pay via PayPal.

I'm looking at either the UBCD436PT or BCD325P2, I know it's probably a little much to be spending on a first scanner but oh well :) Pretty much whatever I can get, obviously the police would good to listen to but I think they're encrypted now. Yeah I've lived in the Newcastle/Maitland area all of my life.
As it is your first scanner, buy the BCD325P2, the 436 is too much for a beginner, without being rude.

And Gadget City is reliable, and trustworthy.

R
Blake

Post by Blake »

Yeah, i'll chip in.
I just bought (a week ago), and received (yesterday) my first scanner.
I went with the BCD325P2-AU.
Yeah, it's expensive, but hey, you only get hurt once if you choose wisely.
I bought mine off Prestige Communications; where it was $645 (better than the normal $700+).
It arrived blazingly fast; bought on Friday night (after hours).
Order processed on Monday.
The courier dropped it off Thursday Morning.
Extremely happy; and coming from having no previous physical scanner experience, it was strangely intuitive to program & use.
It just kind of works.
McAllister

Post by McAllister »

railscan wrote:
McAllister wrote:I always try and pay via PayPal.

As it is your first scanner, buy the BCD325P2, the 436 is too much for a beginner, without being rude.

And Gadget City is reliable, and trustworthy.

R
No worries, I'd rather hear it before I go out and jump straight into the deep end and turn myself completely off the hobby before I even start :) Thanks again!
dags19

Post by dags19 »

i have bought from them too,no problems pretty quick shipping,but that was before the slow down of aust post