Ericssion Mobile Antennas

If your into decoding transmissions, this is the place for you. Topics cover everything from pocsag, ermes, acars, flex & mobitex!!!
scannerman

Ericssion Mobile Antennas

Post by scannerman »

Hi all i dont know where else to post this but im looking for a decent longer antenna for my vintage GSM ericssion g628
i cant find any information on the internet and dont know what the antenna connection is called on the top of the phone where the standard stud antenna plugs into. anyone here have any knowledge or collect vintage mobiles?

this is the phone im talking about http://www.gsmarena.com/ericsson_ga_628-105.php
peteramjet

Re: Ericssion Mobile Antennas

Post by peteramjet »

Hello 1990's! I had one of those back around 1998! If it's a vintage phone that's for display only that's one thing, but if you still actually use this phone it's well past time to upgrade. Considering that phone only has 2G you would find massive reception improvements by getting a phone that has 3G and 4G. Not much 2G service out there nowadays with any carrier, and Telstra is completely shutting its 2G network in 2 months (December 2016).
scannerman

Re: Ericssion Mobile Antennas

Post by scannerman »

This is still my main phone I have no reason to upgrade as it works fine on the Vodafone network I would just like to know what antenna connection it uses as my old Ericsson analog phone had a longer one with the same connection but stupid me chucked it out back in 1996 when getting this phone