PRM80 beep removal?

Discussion on Philips / Simoco technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
tm659
Newly Registered Users

PRM80 beep removal?

Post by tm659 »

not finding much of anything... is there a phsyical way to remove the channel beep tone from the prm80 system or is it done via programming (i dont have the lead yet but will be obtaining one soon)

Thanks in advance
TM
tm659
Newly Registered Users

Re: PRM80 beep removal?

Post by tm659 »

Thanks Scott, i had a feeling it was in the software, but having been a backyard radio tech for over 20 yrs and completely skipped the commercial generation i wasnt too sure, i know some radios id played with had jumpers, or resistors u could cut, etc....

anyway, have to agree the PRM doesnt seem like a bad radio altho only using it for recieve at the moment im hoping to get my amatuer licence in the new year and be able to key up and chat on some 2m repeaters and use irlp to a mate down south..

Thanks again..
TM