FG Rear Antenna Mount Help

For anyone that wants to modify their equipment or has a question relating to their installation issues
Forum rules
Aussiescanners takes no responsibility for any modification undertaken, these are to be done at your own risk and should only be performed by those with good knowledge of radio and soldering.
jaskel

FG Rear Antenna Mount Help

Post by jaskel »

Hi everyone, can anyone help me with a part number or place to buy the same antenna mount for a FG XR or G6E as I am thinking of getting one and i run ham radios etc so need to mount antenna on the rear, not sure where to find one.

same as in the pics below, thanks guys :)

Uniden UBCD996XT, UBCD396T,Pro 96, UBC120XLT, Icom IC-208H, GME TX4220, Icom IC-F410, Discone
Spectre

Re: FG Rear Antenna Mount Help

Post by Spectre »

Looks like the ones they sell at Industrial Evolution's a supplier to the Emergency Services and Fleet Operators :mrgreen:

http://www.industrialevolution.com.au/m ... alcon.html
Equip: Uniden 57XLT, 780XLT, 895XLT, Realistic Pro-2020, Pro-2025 & Pro-2040
woodz09

Post by woodz09 »

Hi Jaskel...i can confirm NSW Police use Industrial Evolution for all there custom brackets. The FG rear antenna bracket come in Left or Right and will set you back just under $20ea.
jaskel

Post by jaskel »

yeah thanks guys, I have contacted them and I will pick up a bracket next week :)
Uniden UBCD996XT, UBCD396T,Pro 96, UBC120XLT, Icom IC-208H, GME TX4220, Icom IC-F410, Discone
jaskel

Post by jaskel »

got the bracket but it is too thick and the boot rubs on it...not happy.
woodz09

Post by woodz09 »

Hi Jaskel...That is a shame :(

I have mounted a few of these with no issues.

They are "custom" manufactured to the FG and as such need to be mounted exactly where they where designed. In my experience there has always been at least a few mills clearence.

If there is an issue with yours take it back to Industrial Ev. They will have a look. Otherwise i can dig out a few close up photos if you need to check anything.

Hope it works out mate
jaskel

Post by jaskel »

it just looks like the metal is too thick, plus I was there for half an hour while they banged and bent the bracket to fit better...then damaged my paint when test fitting it...im less than happy
woodz09

Post by woodz09 »

Wow. That is very, very poor customer service. I would be rope-able.
I think the issue is they are use to "commercial" vehicles and don't understand we actually take pride in our vehicles purchased with our hard earned money.
I have a couple of other brackets i am after from them...I have been waiting 2 weeks now and just got told today (after 3 days of calls) that i will need to wait another week. Not happy either.
Shame there isn't another custom manufacturer.
jaskel

Post by jaskel »

im investigating another manufacturer....watch this space./
woodz09

Post by woodz09 »

I am watching :mrgreen:
Mathew

Post by Mathew »

Are you guys just drilling straight into the boot without any special seals or water resistant materials?
Rust.. Chipped paintwork will be the least of your worries
Uniden 396T + RH-96, Uniden BCT8, Puxing 888 UHF
jaskel

Post by jaskel »

no, I will use silicone.
Spectre

Post by Spectre »

Don't use acidic curing silicone as it attacks the metal... body deadener on the rear of the joined area would prevent corrosion :wink:
jaskel

Post by jaskel »

hi warren, thanks for the links but none of those mounts will work, it needs special bends etc.

well..........ITS A MIRACLE!!!!!

I got my bracket in the mail today annnnddddddddd...well it wasnt the best!

It was made from thinner metal so thats a plus, it doesn't rub on the boot now..but....I still needed to bend it and shape it to the boot curves! took about 90 mins to get it perfect..now it fits like a treat!

I used 3 screws and lots of silicone! I have a few pics but ill get better ones in the light!

Spectre

Post by Spectre »

RFI make angled (degree compensated) Z antenna brackets that would most likely work on a Yaris's front quarter guard HERE

You could always get a strip of aluminium from Bunnings (or similar) and (using a paper trace mock-up initially) design something suitable yourself... OR if you're a diehard there is always the ski-bar mounting system, nudge bar mount, magnetic mount or through the roof install :twisted:

Finally there's those pseudo nudge bars that bolt on behind your number plate for small driving light installs, I've seen a few UHF CB antennas mounted this way, range wouldn't be too good being so low slung but at least it would be on there... oh and just a slight caveat on that one, make sure you ground that assembly or neither your driving lights nor antenna will work as intended...