QFRS manual

Discussion on; police, fire, ambulance & voluntary rescue services
lowgoz

QFRS manual

Post by lowgoz »

Tatcher

Re: QFRS manual

Post by Tatcher »

hmm not sure FIG's and IAG's should be posted publicly... however IAG's are basically the firefighters bible...
Rudager

Post by Rudager »

Incident Directives are the bible, the guides are just that, guides.
OIC_Napster

Post by OIC_Napster »

bodyguard

Post by bodyguard »

FirefighterDown wrote:Can we refrain from posting QFRS things, thanks.
why ?
Cheers
BG

UBC9000XLT, UBCT8, BCT15X, UBC92XLT, Kenwood R-5000, PSR-410 , KG-UVD1P
FirefighterDown

Post by FirefighterDown »

bodyguard wrote:
why ?
FIG & IAG's aren't meant to be public, thus why they were removed from the Ipswich Group Website. If it isn't publicly available and released by QFRS Media, you shouldn't be posting it.

Understand that QFRS watches this forum like a hawk.
rochedalescan
Founder

Post by rochedalescan »

I invite QFRS and any service to view the forums and get in contact with me, there is nothing illegal contained on this website and if there were I would take immediate action to remove it. This forum is provided preliminarily for a hobby perspective, the said handbook is not actually on this website it is a link from another website.

Being published in 2004 who knows when it was leaked but I'm sure there are hundreds of people with their hands on it by now anyway.
Shane Logan
Aussiescanners Founder

Australia's Premier Communications forum!
~ Please contact Phil for administration enquiries ~
Vkfour

Post by Vkfour »

It appears that much of the inside info in this site comes from inside people and if inside people should treat this information in confidence, then putting it in thid forum is a breach of that confidentiality. In any case, much of this information is already in the public domain. I found most of the contents in other publications, fom the emerency services them selves.
rossmutz

Post by rossmutz »

I believe you will find that the documents are copyright by the State of Queensland.
Vkfour

Post by Vkfour »

You are indeed correct, these documents are copyright, infact, everything carries an implied copyright under Australian Law, even comments made in this forum. Under the Copyright Act of 1968, there is a provision for Fair Dealing which allows one copy of a document to be made, without the owners consent, provided it is basically for personal use and also that no charge is made. As the moderaror has said, he is only providing the link to the document, not the documents.

But all of this it moot,as, if you READ my previous comment, the information contained in these manuals, is made availabe through various formats, including Internet sites, by the copyright owners themselves, so the information contained can hardly be secret or confidential.

I also note that a previous contributor has said that QFRS maintain a healthy interest in this site, and there has been a lot of information passed over the years and if they did object, surely they could have, should have, said something by now.
Rudager

Post by Rudager »

Yeah, better watch out, loads of damage can be done by members of the public reading the FIG or the radio guides! Ha. Let's face it, most users of this forum know more about radio and incident procedures than the firies themselves.
Rudager

Post by Rudager »

and this sounds like a bit of chest beating going on to me...
lowgoz

Post by lowgoz »

Lucky i downloaded it and will rehost on a site that can't get taken down.