My 'Command & Control' Centre

Brag about your radio and scanner (home, mobile, work, handheld) installations here, post photos and give us the specifications of each device
Blake

My 'Command & Control' Centre

Post by Blake »

Hi everyone, i've been a lurker for some time here, and joined up a while ago to get full benefit.
I'm really just a noob, gust getting into this stuff.
I've had various CB and UHF's over the years, but never a proper scanner unit.
My area is quite fire prone, so before last summer, I set up a little 'Command & Control Centre' to keep dibs on what is going on around me.
It's really nothing special, not like what most of your guys have :? , but here goes:

The main screen has the VicFire Emergency page, auto refresh enabled (so new updates every 5 minutes)
The top screen has:
Bottom left: Live updating rain radar for Vic.
Bottom right: Live updating satellite imagery.
Top Middle: District 20 Dispatch radio live feed.
Top Right: District 22 Dispatch radio live feed.
All audio is pumped through external speakers.

What do you think?
Phantom
Forum Manager

Re: My 'Command & Control' Centre

Post by Phantom »

Looks interesting. As long as it works for you and your areas/needs then it is perfect. Great that you can change things if required as well, being very internet based has its pros/cons as well.
Is there the ability to have a scanner for your local area to listen in incase the internet fails?
Blake

Re: My 'Command & Control' Centre

Post by Blake »

Yeah that's right Phantom,
there are pros and cons on an internet based service,
but considering it was made with bits I had lying around, it was all free :D Which i'm very happy about.

And yeah, that was what it was about, it fits everything I wanted it to do, so it's all good. :wink:

I've been looking at getting a proper 'scanner' scanner (handheld) for some time,
just assessing options, gathering funds and persuading the powers to be :lol: