QFES North Coast Region - Pages missing?

If your into decoding transmissions, this is the place for you. Topics cover everything from pocsag, ermes, acars, flex & mobitex!!!
seqcc

QFES North Coast Region - Pages missing?

Post by seqcc »

I just recently got into decoding pagers and have all my stuff set up with pages coming through all day, however I've noticed that certain things in North Coast Region are just.. missing.

For Sunshine Coast stations as an example, on 148.6375 I get pager messages for Tewantin, Cooran, Pomona, Cooroy, Maleny, Beerwah, Buderim and Kawana, but I get absolutely nothing for Mooloolah despite the fact that it's pretty central (in between all of the ones I pick up). I also don't seem to get any pages for 'station crewing' at Noosa, Nambour, Maroochydore and Caloundra, where an auxiliary crew is called in to standby at station or back up the paid crew.

Might be a bit of a stretch but would anyone happen to know why this would be? It's not an issue, I'm just curious as to why those certain things don't seem to show up.
NightFlight

Re: QFES North Coast Region - Pages missing?

Post by NightFlight »

Have you tried the other paging frequency, 148.5625? QFES are mainly on 148.6375, but some are on that one as well. I have seen messages for Noosa and Caloundra, but I think Maroochydore is manned full time?.
seqcc

Post by seqcc »

NightFlight wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:04 pm Have you tried the other paging frequency, 148.5625? QFES are mainly on 148.6375, but some are on that one as well. I have seen messages for Noosa and Caloundra, but I think Maroochydore is manned full time?.
I've briefly tried 5625 but seemingly not long enough to realise that anything interesting is being transmitted on there. Caloundra and Noosa are both full time but have a second truck and support vehicles which are manned by auxiliaries, so if you're seeing those stations show up on 5625 that would explain why I'm not seeing it.

The thing that confuses me is that for Buderim (who are auxiliary and get paged to stand by at Maroochydore when they're on a long job), I can see their firecall pages perfectly every time, but I never see anything when they're activated to standby at Maroochydore. I'm not sure whether they perhaps alert the crew in a different way (SMS perhaps?) since it's low priority or what, but it's interesting.

Maybe I'll have to give 5625 another go but it's probably not worth monitoring in the long run since most of the emergency services action and hospital pages (code blue, trauma, etc) for SCUH happen on 6375. It'd definitely be interesting to see if Mooloolah is getting paged on 5625, while everyone else is on 6375 but they average 1 call every few days which makes them hard to catch.
comport1

Post by comport1 »

Are you successfully decoding both 512 & 1200 baud? QFES uses a mix of both.
------------------------------------------
Comport1