NEWS: Police want grouping of communication centres

Stay informed and up to date with the latest happenings in the radio communications land, these are reposts from other news websites

NEWS: Police want grouping of communication centres

Post by Guest »

Victoria Police says it is keen to centralise regional communication centres to Ballarat in south-west Victoria. Last week the Bushfires Royal Commission heard the February fires were harder to manage because communications centres such as those at Mildura, Ballarat and Bendigo struggle with major emergencies.

More information: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009 ... 586008.htm
Mathew

Re: NEWS: Police want grouping of communication centres

Post by Mathew »

Interesting indeed. We'll see how it goes..

Cheers,
Matteh
Uniden 396T + RH-96, Uniden BCT8, Puxing 888 UHF

Post by Guest »

Mathew wrote:Interesting indeed. We'll see how it goes..
I think that it will happen, it's just a matter of when. After they settle in comfortably then I think regional Victoria will see the end of analogue police (in association with the article above), obviously things won't happen overnight but that's the way I see things eventuating. :cry:
alinco21

Post by alinco21 »

vkcpolice

Post by vkcpolice »

sad to see the end of wangaratta d24. we were the last region to move to esta. things have just gotten worse. mainly response times instead of talking to a police officer on the phone who is sitting on the radio your now talking to a random stuff member who puts details through to a computer then transmits it via a computer to a person who is on the air.