Brisbane Centre

All air band scanning discussions, whether it be a bird, plane, superman, helicopter, space ship, rocket or anything else that glides through the air
fire_rescue

Brisbane Centre

Post by fire_rescue »

hey all

Taken a interest in listening to aircraft for bit , been hearing a place called brisbane centre im guessing its control tower i noticed alot of for brisbane area freqs for air traffic control, im at caboolture i pick up the local air strip on 118.800 , for me to listen to brisbane airport in my area what would be the best to listen to due to so many freqs any help would be great
fire_rescue

Re: Brisbane Centre

Post by fire_rescue »

i put up a new rx antenna doing way better now, im picking a automated voice on 125.500 loud clearly talking about the airport and weather places to land and lights keeps saying brisbane terminal information golf whats golf mean?? Also when 125.700 goes off 113.200 goes off aswell like a blank signal
rossmutz

Post by rossmutz »

fire_rescue wrote:i put up a new rx antenna doing way better now, im picking a automated voice on 125.500 loud clearly talking about the airport and weather places to land and lights keeps saying brisbane terminal information golf whats golf mean?? Also when 125.700 goes off 113.200 goes off aswell like a blank signal
Used to be called ATIS (Automated Terminal Information System) but it may have a different name these days. The golf just means it is the 7th update for the day. If the information is updated again then it would change to hotel.
rossmutz

Post by rossmutz »

fire_rescue wrote:hey all

Taken a interest in listening to aircraft for bit , been hearing a place called brisbane centre im guessing its control tower i noticed alot of for brisbane area freqs for air traffic control, im at caboolture i pick up the local air strip on 118.800 , for me to listen to brisbane airport in my area what would be the best to listen to due to so many freqs any help would be great
If I remember correctly, there are now onlt two air traffic control centres in Australia - Brisbane and Melbourne. They cover all of the controlled airspace in Australia and I believe Brisbane also looks after much of the South West Pacific. This is different to the tower which looks after the airport only. I can receive Brisbane Centre here in Mount Isa, but can't remember the frequency right now. VHF frequencies all over the place are linked back to Brisbane in various ways.
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

Paritcular to Brisbane - the ATIS is heard on 125.5/113.2

The ATIS is used by ATC (Air Traffic Controllers) to provide up to date information to Pilots whome are about to depart/arrive at that particular aerodrome.

The identifier is typically A-Y (Alpha thru to Yankee) and every time one particular part of the aerodromes wind speed/direction, Temperature, Pressure, Runway/s etc change, it will move along to the next identifier (Delta to Echo and so on)

Z or Zulu is only used when the particular tower is closed.

It has nothing to do with the Date of the month or the update for the day ... Aerodromes that are open 24/7 just keep a constant cycle of info - at 11:55pm tonight - it might be Foxtrot, and then if the temperature drops a little at 12:15am - the info would be Golf etc etc

BN and ML CTR are not control towers, they are control centres. Places that are in control of different airspace. Each CTR controller is in charge of different types of airspace and typically the controller in charge of the airspace around, lets say, Bundaberg cannot be in charge of the airspace around Broome (yes BME is controlled by Brisbane Centre) - each controller is "endorsed" on different areas of airspace.

Really hard to explain in such a short space - but if you want to read up on it .... have a look Here

You will be able to see the break up of airspace that both BN and ML CTR have.... Quite a good site for those that are interested in it.

For around Caboulture, try

120.5 - BN TWR
125.6 - BN APP/DEP
124.7 - BN APP/DEP
123.0 - BN CTR
129.0 - BN CTR
134.3 - BN CTR
125.9 - BN CTR
fire_rescue

Post by fire_rescue »

thanks heaps guys . good reading there good insight
rossmutz

Post by rossmutz »

orangepeel wrote:Paritcular to Brisbane - the ATIS is heard on 125.5/113.2

The ATIS is used by ATC (Air Traffic Controllers) to provide up to date information to Pilots whome are about to depart/arrive at that particular aerodrome.

The identifier is typically A-Y (Alpha thru to Yankee) and every time one particular part of the aerodromes wind speed/direction, Temperature, Pressure, Runway/s etc change, it will move along to the next identifier (Delta to Echo and so on)

Z or Zulu is only used when the particular tower is closed.

It has nothing to do with the Date of the month or the update for the day ... Aerodromes that are open 24/7 just keep a constant cycle of info - at 11:55pm tonight - it might be Foxtrot, and then if the temperature drops a little at 12:15am - the info would be Golf etc etc

BN and ML CTR are not control towers, they are control centres. Places that are in control of different airspace. Each CTR controller is in charge of different types of airspace and typically the controller in charge of the airspace around, lets say, Bundaberg cannot be in charge of the airspace around Broome (yes BME is controlled by Brisbane Centre) - each controller is "endorsed" on different areas of airspace.

Really hard to explain in such a short space - but if you want to read up on it .... have a look Here

You will be able to see the break up of airspace that both BN and ML CTR have.... Quite a good site for those that are interested in it.

For around Caboulture, try

120.5 - BN TWR
125.6 - BN APP/DEP
124.7 - BN APP/DEP
123.0 - BN CTR
129.0 - BN CTR
134.3 - BN CTR
125.9 - BN CTR
Thanks for that. The accurate info is always best!
dags

Post by dags »

i listen too 381.400 not sure what this one is used for if someone could enlighten me thanks guys
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

That looks like a military freq - possible UHF link to BN/ML CTR
Site details: Airservices Tower The Summit MOUNT GLORIOUS
Phil
Administrator

Post by Phil »

orangepeel wrote:That looks like a military freq - possible UHF link to BN/ML CTR
Site details: Airservices Tower The Summit MOUNT GLORIOUS
BN CTR UHF Link
seems to be working well however i thought this was a Amberley Frequency
Phil
Forum Administrator
phil@aussiescanners.com.au

Uniden UBCD996T, RH96, UBCD396xt, Uniden UBCD563-PT
RTL-SDRs way to many
Motorola GP328, GP338, GP328 Plus, XTS3000, DP3400 VHF, DP2600e, DP4801e, DM4601e, XTL5000-03, XTS2500 M3
Simoco SRM9030 AC, SRM9022 UW
Hytera - PD412, PD462, PD682, MD782G, PD782G
Barrett 950
Icom IC-F60, IC-410 Pro
Tait TM8250
Kenwood - NX720HG
fire_rescue

Post by fire_rescue »

Caboolture and Caloundra airfield will be changing next month to reduce conflict with Gladstone from 118.800 to 125.8500