Programming TX7200 help

Discussion on GME technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
bails81

Programming TX7200 help

Post by bails81 »

I have been given some GME TX7200 handhelds and got myself the programming cable and software.

I have managed to program in the new CB channels (41-80) as well as some other freqs (fire/NPWS/council etc).

I think I have done eveything right but I'd like to confirm with someone who knows about this stuff.

There seems to be two ways to get the full 80 CB channels.

1) Leave the old channels 1-40 programmed using the checkboxes in the "Edit Aust CB options" page and add the frequencies for the new channels 41-80 in the channel data table (setting them as narrowband).

OR

2) uncheck the "Enable Aust CB Channels" option and reprogram all 80 channels in to the channel data table.

If I use option 1) the duplex function still works on channels 1-8, but it doesn't seem to work on 41-48. Also doing it this way I assume the first 40 channels are still spaced 25hz? Is this likely to be a problem?

If I used option 2) I can't get the duplex option to work on any channels 1-8 or 41-48, but at least all the channels will be 12.5KHz spaced. right?

Can anyone advise which way I should be going about this?

cheers, bails
misspat43
Newly Registered Users

Re: Programming TX7200 help

Post by misspat43 »

I have 2 of these as well bought a serial cable of ebay but cant get my com port to talk to them I using tx7000 program do I have to do any thing to the port settings thanks