Uniden 8080s

Discussion on Uniden technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
UHF-VHF

Uniden 8080s

Post by UHF-VHF »

Hi guys, I have a uniden 8080s and just want to know a list of all the police, fire and ambulance frequency. It's preprogrammed but I can't seem to pick anything up... any help would be much appreciated.
Comint

Re: Uniden 8080s

Post by Comint »

UHF-VHF wrote:Hi guys, I have a uniden 8080s and just want to know a list of all the police, fire and ambulance frequency. It's preprogrammed but I can't seem to pick anything up... any help would be much appreciated.
Well, it really depends where you live.
If you live in any of the Capital cities, then all the Emergency Services are Digital and encrypted, and that radio cannot receive them. If you live in a Rural area, then they probably operate on VHF Mid-Band or VHF High-Band, and that radio is only capable of receiving UHF.

--
Comint
UHF-VHF

Post by UHF-VHF »

Hi mate, thanks for the quick reply... well I live in Melbourne... I know the radio is preprogrammed with the rx channels only but I need to know the frequency so I can select it...
Vkfour

Post by Vkfour »

Did you read the previous reply? Quote "If you live in any of the Capital cities, then all the Emergency Services are Digital and encrypted, and that radio cannot receive them.".