Icom IC-R6

Discussion on Icom technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
AIRMAN

Re: Icom IC-R6

Post by AIRMAN »

See my review of June 14 here.

I still have this model and I am very pleased with it. I bought a Diamond SRH 771 40cm whip and this improves reception on the lower bands.

Like all Icom scanning receivers programming requires step by step consultation with the manual.

I have an iMac which does not permit operating scanner software so I can't comment on that part.

Most of my listening is on vhf.
AIRMAN

Post by AIRMAN »

That's cool.

If you get stuck, PM me and I'll give you some basics about programming it, but don't ask me about CTSS as I never use it.
IntheGreen
Newly Registered Users

Post by IntheGreen »

Airman,
How'd the Diamond SRH 771 40cm whip work out on the VHF airband freq's ?
Getting my hands on an R6 in a couple of days...
Johno0885
Newly Registered Users

Post by Johno0885 »

Just new here and have a R6 , I tried to scan some of the bands but all I got was the Adelaide Airport Tower and the
local FM radio Stations ? Do I need to program the frequencies in before and what step sizes do I use ? Are the step
sizes automatic or do I need to program them in. I know I need to read the Manual ? Any help would be welcome.
regards johno0885 23/10/14
vk4jaz

Post by vk4jaz »

What is the general consensus of the R6? I am thinking of getting one in preference to the Uniden UBC-126AT. My budget doesn't stretch to anything digital at this point, so don't want to waste my cash.
Radio enthusiast, ham radio operator and electronics tinkerer.
tanger32au

Post by tanger32au »

Given how hard the UBC126AT is to find at the moment, the R6 is a good choice. I recently had one but sold it as a UBCD396XT works better for me. For VHF / UHF scanning, they work well.